A Perfect Charcuterie Board (with Peanut Butter Cups)
A charcuterie board is an entertaining must-have and the latest trend to sweep our Instagram feeds. But, what is a charcuterie board you ask? Charcuterie is the culinary art of preparing artisanal meats, cheeses and nuts on a platter that is traditionally served as an appetizer. Yum!
The best part about them is that there isn’t any rules, so if you want to add any salty (think pickles, olives and marinated tomatoes) 0r sweet foods (like dried and fresh fruit, honey and chocolate) – you can! And, that’s exactly what we did to make the perfect charcuterie board. Check out our how-to on building The Perfect Charcuterie Board with Peanut Butter Cups and take your spread to the next level.
- 2 to 3 variety of cheeses
- 2 to 3 variety of meats
- 2 to 3 varieties of crackers and crisps such as rosemary flatbreads, breadsticks, sliced baguette, etc.
- Fresh vegetables such as cucumbers, sugar snap peas, and carrots
- Fresh berries or other fruits such as pears, apples, watermelon, peaches
- Dried fruits such as dates and apricots
- 2 to 3 types of nuts such as candied walnuts and almonds
- 1 to 2 dips such as hummus and ranch
- Honey or Jam
- Six (1.4 ounce) packs of Perfect Snacks Peanut Butter Cups, various flavors
Begin building your board by adding cheeses and meats around a large serving board or platter. Add a selection of little bowls onto the board to place olives, mustard, hummus, and dips into, if desired. Then, add a variety of crackers or bread and artfully fill in the rest of the board with fresh veggies, berries, fresh and dried fruits, honey or honeycomb, jam, nuts, and for the last pièce de résistance – a reserved section all for Perfect Snacks Peanut Butter Cups!
Start by adding your cheese of choice…
then add meats, fruits and honeycomb
next add veggies, crackers and a bowl of dip
and last but not least… add Peanut Butter Cups!
Don’t forget to share your perfect charcuterie board with us on social by tagging @perfectbar on Instagram and using #itsjustperfect. Happy snacking!