Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies
‘Tis the season for cookie platters! Are you looking for something new to add to your holiday cookie list? Well, look no further than our Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies. We put the perfect minty twist on this classic cookie with our Chocolate Mint Perfect Bar. Made with chocolate, cocoa powder, brown sugar and peppermint (plus extra chocolate and mint with our Chocolate Mint Perfect Bar) this recipe will be sure to turn with a holiday favorite.
Makes 30 cookies
- 2¼ cups (320g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar, plus ¼ cup for dusting cookies
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, or other neutral cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 2 Chocolate Mint Perfect Bars, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350. Line two large sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of the granulated sugar, the coconut or brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and peppermint extracts, and salt.
- Place the butter, chocolate, and Chocolate Mint Perfect Bars in a small heavy bottom saucepan over low heat and melt together. Using a fork, mash the perfect bars into the mixture and stir frequently until smooth to prevent the chocolate from scorching. Off the heat, add the cocoa powder to the warm mixture and whisk until completely combined (the mixture will be slightly thick).
- Add the warm chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to gently mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix to combine the confectioners’ sugar and remaining 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into 1½ tablespoon portions and gently roll in the sugar mixture. Place on the lined sheet pans and bake each pan one at a time, rotating halfway through baking. Bake until the cookies have cracks over the tops and are puffed but still soft in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes.
*Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you give these a try, don’t forget to share your Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies with us on social by tagging @perfectbar on Instagram and using #itsjustperfect.
Shop our Chocolate Mint Perfect Bar HERE.