Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Monster Cookies
We wanted to put our spin on the classic Monster Cookie recipe with our very own Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Peanut Butter Cup Monster Cookies. Why are they called Monster Cookies you ask? It’s because they are considered to be the Frankenstein of all cookie recipes, since they are made by taking a bunch of different cookie recipes and mashing them into one. The best part… you most likely already have all of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
Traditionally, Monster Cookies are made up of Peanut Butter Cookies, Oatmeal Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies and M&M Cookies. We took inspiration from each of those recipes and decided to use ourDark Chocolate Sea Salt Peanut Butter Cups to take this classic recipe up a notch. Let’s get baking!
Makes 18 – 20 large cookies
- 4½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup oat milk
- 3 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Unreal Milk Chocolate Gems
- 3 (1.4-ounce) packages Perfect Snacks Dark Chocolate Coconut Cups, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, coconut, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Combine the oat milk, ground flax meal, peanut butter, softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla and mix on medium speed (in stand mixer or with a hand mixer) until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the Milk Chocolate Gems and half of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Scoop the cookies into ¼-cup size balls using a cookie scoop or measuring spoon and place cookies at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Top the cookie dough balls each with a few remaining chopped peanut butter cups and secure snugly into place. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for soft cookies or 14 minutes for more firm cookies.
*The cookies keep well covered in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
If you give these a try, don’t forget to share your Dark Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Cup Monster Cookies with us on social by tagging @perfectbar on Instagram and using #itsjustperfect. Happy Baking!
Shop our Refrigerated Peanut Butter Cups HERE.