Can you beLEAF that April 22nd is finally here? Our Super Greens Team has been counting down the days for the 50th Earth Day and this year we’re taking the celebration indoors to better support the outdoors! With the mission to educate, inspire and empower the Perfect Snacks Family around sustainability, The Super Greens Team has implemented a composting program alongside Food2Soil, hosted clothing swaps and zero-waste cooking classes for employees and continues to grow the Perfect Snacks sustainable efforts out of the office and into our homes! Spending more time indoors opens up the opportunity to adjust daily, in-home habits to be more green.
Join in on the never-ending celebration of our Earth with sustainable practices that reduce waste in simple, accessible ways!
Repurposing is Purposeful: There are many items that deserve a second life, and help you save money and reduce waste!
- Old pair of socks, T-shirts, worn-out sheets – Rags for cleaning or reusable napkins
- Empty glass food jars (baby food, sauces, pickles) – Reusable food containers (Great container for your next batch of overnight oats!)
- Paper Bags – Cut off the bottom and along one side of the bag to create a blank canvas for a painting project
Conserve Energy: We’ve outlined three energy saving swaps, small changes spark a large impact!
- Open windows for natural airflow instead of turning on the AC
- Wash laundry in cold water
- Invest in a smart power strip. A smart power strips detect when appliances are not in use and automatically cut off the electricity supply
Earth-Friendly Cleaning Supplies: Many household cleaners are made with harsh chemicals. Here are a few natural products that double as cleaners.
- Mix baking soda and water to a paste, leave on dirty surfaces for 15 minutes. Washing away grime from dishes and surfaces has never been so easy!
- Try a mix of lemon juice, water and white vinegar to wash away water stains on shower doors and glass surfaces
- Add essential oils, like tea tree, citronella, geranium, lemongrass, orange, and patchouli to homemade cleaners to help combat mildew and mold
Have a few ideas of your own? Let us know in the comments section below, we’d love to see how everyone is celebrating in their own homes!