As the nights grow longer and the air becomes colder, we seek food that will warm our hearts (+ home) during the winter months. Looking for a way to make these meals a little more perfect? Turn up your stove top, grab the crock pot and fire up the oven – because we have three new recipes to incorporate Perfect Bar into your winter meal plan:
- Before cooking, be sure to rinse quinoa well. This removes saponin (quinoa’s natural coating), which can make quinoa bitter.
- In a small saucepan, combine almond milk, quinoa, and chai tea bag, and bring to a boil. Once almond milk is boiling, remove the chai tea bag. Add honey (if desired) and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook quinoa, covered, for about 15-20 minutes.
- When quinoa is done, remove from heat and keep covered for another 5-10 minutes so almond milk can fully absorb.
- To serve, put quinoa in a bowl with a little more warmed almond milk. Garnish with pecans, dried fruit of your choice, Almond Coconut Perfect Bar, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Dig in!
For the salad:
- 2 Large sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 4 Cups Cauliflower (cut into bite sized pieces = about 1 small head)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Golden raisins
- Lime to garnish (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter Perfect Bar
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Curry powder
- 2-3 Tsp Sriracha
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice sweet potatoes and toss in 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and sprinkle salt in a large bowl.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 mins or until they begin to go fork tender/golden brown. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove from the oven and place into a large bowl, covering to keep warm.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, place the cauliflower into a large food processor and break down until it begins to look like rice
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat and place the cauliflower rice in. Cover and cover for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower feels tender. Then uncover the pan and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together (Coconut Oil, Almond Butter Perfect Bar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, Curry Powder, and Sriracha) in a medium bowl, adjusting the sriracha to taste. Set aside.
- Add half the cauliflower rice into the bowl with the sweet potatoes. Then, pour in the dressing and mix well. Add in the remaining cauliflower rice, the chopped cilantro, toasted almonds, golden raisins, and crumbled Almond Butter Perfect Bar. Stir well to ensure the dressing is evenly distributed, and adjust salt to taste.
- Eat up!
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil on the stove top until tender.
- Add ground beef to the sauce pan with sautéd onions and garlic and cook until brown.
- Add black beans, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, Peanut Butter Perfect Bar, spices, and salt into the crockpot. Combine the browned ground beef and stir ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Taste chili and adapt to your preferences.
- Top with sour cream and enjoy!
Give any of these recipes a try, let us know by tagging us on Instagram @perfectbar or on Twitter @perfect_bar – we can’t wait to see how they turn out!