We hear it everywhere we go from first-time samplers and wary shoppers: “What makes it so perfect?” Rarely, we get to the part of our pitch that requires the big guns (or more obscure of our 20+ organic superfoods) before they happily place a box in their cart and speed away to the checkout counter. However, these 5 surprising ingredients found in every Perfect Bar recipe and may shock even the savviest of health nuts.
Take A Closer Look At These 5 Ingredients Found In Every Perfect Bar
Kale seems to be taking over the world of vegetables and for good reason; this leafy green is a disease-fighting powerhouse.
- Excellent source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K
- Rich in eye-health promoting lutein and zeaxanthin compounds
- Contain cancer-preventive antioxidants called carotenoids and flavonoids
- High fiber content lowers blood cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
It’s time to re-think this slimy ocean plant. Kelp is a type of seaweed or algae everyone should learn to love. Here are a few reasons why:
- High in vitamin B, essential for cellular metabolism and energy-rich
- High in vitamins C and E
- Contains calcium, boron, and magnesium, all of which are necessary for strong bones and optimal muscle function
- Rich in sodium alginate, which protects the body from harmful radiation
- Contains iodine which supports a healthy thyroid, and chlorophyll, which stimulates red blood cell production
3. Rose Hip
Rose hips are the red fruit from the blossom of a wild rose plant. Although small in size, they have a bounty of health benefits packed inside:
- High in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, E, and essential fatty acids
- Improves joint mobility by discouraging white blood cells accumulation
- Contains anti-cancer and cardiovascular disease-preventing compounds like carotenoids, flavonoids, polyphenols, leucoanthocyanins, and catechins.
- High in anti-inflammatory properties for treating rheumatoid arthritis
What the heck is dulse? This superfood packs a powerful punch! This salty sea veggie is traditionally served in soups and fish dishes. But as you know we often zig when others zag.
- Rich in valuable minerals, including potassium and iron
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids help regulate blood clotting and blood pressure, which leads to the proper development of brain functioning and the nervous system
- Excellent source of vitamin B-12 (usually found in meat, poultry, eggs) for vegans and vegetarians
- A 3.5 oz. serving of dulse provides 21.5 grams of protein, which is about 40% of the recommended daily value set by the FDA
Adding the perfect crunch to any sandwich, alfalfa is a healthy vegetable, although it often goes unrecognized. Here are just a few reasons why we think #itsjustperfect!
- High in vitamins A, B, D, E, and K
- Loaded with biotin, calcium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, and potassium
- High in protein (especially when dried)
- Flushes built-up toxins in bowels, lowers cholesterol and purifies the blood
- Healing properties against sore or achy joints, imbalanced skin conditions, and bad breath
Want more health hacks and wellness insights? We got you covered. You'll also receive a code for 15% off your first order!
Loveeeeeee these !!! I wish I could find them easier !!! Not in a lot of stores.
Hey Dorothy — Sorry to hear you are having trouble finding us near you. Check out our store locator via perf.bar/locator to see where we are sold near you!
I think the first one I ever bought was at Starbucks on a whim, and I’m so glad I did!!! I am now addicted.
Love these..I eat one every morning with a green drink.Aimond butter is my favorite. Been doing this for years and all my blood tests come out great! I am 75.
Amazing! So happy to have you as a fan, Pam. 🙂