“Perfect Bar is The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, but you say it’s good for up to one week on the go, outside the fridge. What exactly does that all mean?”
Does this sound like you? Don’t worry – we get these questions all the time. To clear up any confusion, and encourage you to bring your fresh protein bars on a few more care-free adventures, we’re answering your pressing Perfect Bar out-of-the-fridge questions.
1. For how long can my Perfect Bar be out of the fridge?
Let’s start off with the big one. Here’s what you need to know: Your Perfect Bar is safe and delicious to eat for one entire week outside of the fridge at room temperature. In other words, you can eat your unrefrigerated Perfect Bar for seven days without any cause for concern.
To the following scenarios, we say yes, you can still eat your bar:
- If you leave your Perfect Bar in your car from the morning to lunch.
- If you leave your bar in your car overnight.
- If a whole box was stored in the pantry for two days because Bob didn’t get the memo.
- If you order online and the package arrives while you’re away for a long weekend trip. (But no promises that your neighbor won’t swoop on that delivery!)
2. What is the recommended amount of time outside the fridge for the best Perfect Bar texture, flavor and eating experience?
Good one – we’re so glad you asked! We have to admit that the answer is a bit subjective. From a health and tastiness perspective, we advise taking your bar out of the fridge and letting it warm to room temperature. If you can wait that long, you’ll enjoy an extra creamy, cookie dough-like texture and the perfect crunch from the nuts.
Pro eating tips from Perfect Bar HQ worker bees:
- “I like to warm mine up; I get to eat it sooner and the bar practically melts in your mouth!”
- “I like to take mine on my morning commute, and let it get up to room temp. It’s like a treat I get to eat every morning at my desk!”
- “30 minutes out of the fridge. No compromise.”
- I like to freeze mine so that it stays cool until I get to lunch.”
But if you like yours cold and refreshing right out of the fridge, by all means, do you!
3. What happens if my bars are out of the fridge for longer than one week? Do they spoil? Will I get sick?
No need for alarm, friends. Though we definitely don’t advise eating your bars after the recommended one week, you won’t get sick if you do. You will experience a less than perfect bite if you leave the bars out of refrigeration mainly due to oil separation. Because the oils will begin to separate from the rest of the bar (think a jar of organic peanut butter), the bar will begin to get dry and hard. Like we said, not so perfect!
If any of the following problems arise, we say yes, you can still eat your bar:
- We lost power overnight in a storm.
- My refrigerator broke!
- All of the ice in my cooler melted.
- Our flight was cancelled!
No need to worry, your Perfect Bar is good to eat for up to one week outside the fridge.
4. One week? So, you’re saying I can bring Perfect Bar with me … ?
Perfect Bar lovers rejoice! Your bars are good for seven days out of the fridge and they are ready to play! That means, if you’re heading out on a surfin’ safari or a day on the slopes, your favorite fresh protein bars can join you, fuel you and keep you moving.
When and where else can you take yours bars? Here are a few suggestions:
- Camping trip in Zion National Park
- Girls trip to Palm Springs
- 3-day cruise to Baja
- Cross-country flight
- School field trip
- Cross-country road trip
- Your honeymoon to a secluded island
- Or, fill in the blank with your own week(end) adventures!
5. So, remind me: Why do the bars have to be refrigerated?
Perfect Bar is The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, with only organic honey and refrigeration as natural preservatives. Because we don’t use artificial additives or shelf-stabilizing preservatives, our bars need the cold of refrigeration to stay fresh.
Perfect Bar is both fresh from the fridge and good on the go. When you can, store your bars in the fridge for optimal freshness. When adventure calls, pack your bars and hit the road – they’ll taste great for up to one week at room temperature.
. . .
Do you have more questions? Check out our Perfect Bar FAQs.