Food prep Sunday just got a whole lot easier with this quick and simple no-cook breakfast thats sure to save an extra 10 minutes any day of the week. The best thing about overnight oats? The whole family can enjoy! Get your kids involved in the prepping by setting up a toppings bar with all the works. Think peanut butter, banana, blueberries, chia seeds – the topping are endless!
So prepare to hit snooze and whip up a batch of our Perfect Overnight Oats before heading to bed. You’ll thank us in the morning.
Perfect Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Half-pint mason jar
- Toppings of choice (fruit, nuts, cinnamon, etc.)
- Perfect Bar of choice crumbled on top
1. Add oats, milk, yogurt and chia seeds to the jar
2. Put a lid on the jar and shake to combine ingredients
3. Place in fridge overnight and head to bed
4. When that dreadful alarm sounds, head to the kitchen and unscrew the lid
5. Top with a sliced banana, chopped Peanut Butter Perfect Bar bits, drizzle some honey or sprinkle a dash of cinnamon to add a kick to your oats
6. If you prefer hot oatmeal, add another splash of water or milk (to keep it from drying out) and place oatmeal in medium saucepan to cook on the stove for a few minutes before adding toppings
7. Get out a spoon and dig in
Whether enjoyed chilled or hot, Perfect Overnight Oats are the perfect start to any day. Even if you’re running late, the jar makes this breakfast ready to grab-n-go!