Quick, healthy dinners to make at home aren’t always easy to come by. But our very own Amanda Keith (the wonderful wife of Perfect Bar’s CEO Bill) came across this tasty and nutritious black bean burger recipe, and gave it the Keith Stamp of Approval (yes, that’s a thing).
Give this recipe a shot – it only takes 25 minutes to prep and cook, and the result is a flavorful burger suitable for every Meatless Monday.
Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers
(Makes 4 Burgers)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. of olive oil with remaining ingredients, and use a fork or your hands to mash the beans and mix thoroughly until the mixture is a paste-like texture.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 equal balls, and form each into a burger-sized patty.
4. In a medium-sized oven-safe pan, cook patties over high heat in 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil for one minute on each side until lightly browned.
5. Transfer pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve as desired.
*It’s optional to add organic egg white to the mix in order to promote binding of ingredients.