Curious to know more about refrigerated protein bars and what sets them apart from other snacks on the shelf? We’ve got you covered with a healthy helping of who, what, when, where, why, and how.
Who Refrigerated Protein Bars Are Really For
When we say our refrigerated protein bars are made for the whole family, we mean it! Our mission is to nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes, and a delicious dose of fresh, whole food nutrition.
We built our lineup to include a little something for everyone:
- Perfect Bar: For the busy worker bee, snack-ready student, super parent, fitness guru, chocolate lover, hungry holidaymaker, and everyone in between
- Perfect Kids: For tiny tummies with their own nutritional needs
- Refrigerated Peanut Butter Cups: For anyone craving a better-for-you sweet treat
- Perfect Bites: For whenever you’re feeling peckish or in the mood to share
The only people for whom Perfect Snacks aren’t ideal are those with allergies or sensitivities to the ingredients we use. If you’re not on great terms with peanuts, tree nuts, milk, or eggs, be sure to check the ingredients list before digging in.
If those don’t pose any problems to you or your family, there’s more good news. Our refrigerated protein bars and snacks are perfect for conscious consumers who share our food values:
- Better ingredients: Each refrigerated snack we make contains non-GMO and USDA-certified organic ingredients that are kinder on your body and planet.
- More nutrition in every bite: Our Perfect Bar recipes feature freshly ground nut butter, a unique whole food protein powder blend of 20-plus superfood ingredients, nonfat milk protein, egg white protein, and plenty of other nutritional goodness.
- Ready for real life: You can count on our snacks to keep up with your busy lifestyle, whether you’re enjoying them fresh from the fridge or on the go.
What Makes Refrigerated Protein Bars a Better Choice
Our choice of ingredients is what sets our protein bars apart from other products you might find around the grocery store. We work hard to make sure our creative recipes are both nutritious and delicious, so you never have to compromise on flavor in the search for wholesome snacks.
What could be more satisfying and satiating than organic, freshly ground nut butter in bar form? Our signature flavors include peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter. We blend these up with a variety of taste bud-approved flavors ranging from hazelnut, cacao, and sea salt to blueberries and chia seeds. In Perfect Kids, you’ll also find gluten-free oats for an extra dose of dietary fiber.
And that’s not even to mention texture. As our kid taste testers will tell you, there’s nothing worse than biting into a nutrition bar that’s too sticky, too hard, too chewy, and just no fun to eat. We took our inspiration from crumbly cookie dough and we’re never going back!
But that doesn’t mean you have to worry about artificial added sugars. Instead, we use a dollop of honey as our all-natural sweetener.
With our classic flavors like Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter, you can enjoy up to 17 grams of protein, healthy fats, and no artificial ingredients. If your taste buds are craving something a little more adventurous — like Coconut Peanut Butter or one of our limited-edition seasonal favorites — just reach for the fridge!
When and Where to Store and Enjoy Perfect Bar
You might have heard that Perfect Bar is The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar — but that’s not the whole story. There’s much more to it! Like some fruits and other fresh perimeter favorites that keep well in or out of the fridge, our snacks can be stored and enjoyed in a few different ways.
In general, we recommend storing Perfect Snacks in the fridge to keep them fresh and ready to eat. But you can also pop a refrigerated protein bar in your bag for up to seven days straight.
The only thing to keep in mind when enjoying Perfect Snacks on the go is that, if the environment gets too warm, our Fair Trade dark chocolate chips might start to melt. Still delicious, but a little messier than you might like. And, after seven days at room temperature, the oils will start to separate like they do in a jar of peanut butter, which can get a little messy. Definitely not ideal, but it won’t cause you any harm.
You and your favorite refrigerated protein bars can keep cool with these storage and snackage ideas:
- Frozen: Pop a Perfect Bar in the freezer for a seriously refreshing bite on a hot day.
- Fridge-fresh: Eat one straight from the fridge for the optimal cool, cookie-dough crumble experience.
- Slightly chill: Grab a Perfect Bar from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes so it can soften up a little — it’ll be ready to roll when you are.
- Room temperature: Store one in your bag or on the counter at room temperature for up to seven days straight (if it lasts that long!).
- Warm and gooey: Take one out of the fridge, remove the wrapper, and zap it in the microwave for just a few seconds to create some melt-in-your-mouth magic.
Why Our Protein Bars Are Big Fans of the Fridge
Shelf-stable snacks are able to last so long in the pantry because of heavy chemical processing and artificial preservatives. We don’t mess with any of that. Instead, Perfect Snacks rely on one mighty ingredient to stay fresh.
We mentioned using honey as a sweetener — but that’s not all that this delicious bee product does. It’s an all-natural binding agent, too. And, when backed up with a blast of cold air from the fridge, honey acts as an all-natural preservative. When it comes to eating clean and keeping your favorite snacks fresh, honey really is your ride-or-die.
How To Chill With Perfect Snacks
Now you’ve got the refrigerated protein bar basics covered, it’s time to try some for yourself! Whether you’re looking to pack more whole food protein into your daily routine or you want to try our best-selling flavors, it’s easy to shop our lineup:
- Order straight from our site: We’ve got the widest selection of refrigerated protein bars and mouth watering flavors right here and ready to ship to your doorstep.
- Find us on Amazon: Calling all Prime members and Amazon frequent flyers! Shop our snack selection when placing your next Amazon order.
- Shop locally: Is your tummy telling you it’s already snack time? Want to pick up Perfect Bar on your next grocery run? Use our store locator to find your nearest Perfect Snacks retailer.
Want to find out how good Perfect Bar is while your order’s on its way? Reading some of our sweetest customer reviews should hold you over until it arrives!